Host Brad Kearns welcomes Tawnee Prazak to discuss endurance training, racing, and coaching. Tawnee is the host of the popular Endurance Planet podcast and is a personal coach to triathletes and distance runners. Tawnee comments on many of the hot topics in the endurance scene today, including:
- An optimal coach/athlete relationship that focuses on big picture elements instead of just workout programming.
- How her fervent pursuit of triathlon goals compromised her health, and how her journey back gave her a fresh perspective on the importance of balancing stress and rest in training.
- The role of diet for endurance athletes, particularly the pros and cons of the low carb strategies now becoming popular and her own winning dietary practices.
- How the diet and training habits of the pros might not be the best example to follow for the average enthusiast.
- Why 70.3 is her favorite triathlon distance, and the importance of balancing goal events with real-life circumstances, like how much time you have to train.
- Her association and influence from Dr. Phil Maffetone, author of the Big Book of Endurance Training and Racing; and much more. Tawny has distinct and well-informed opinions on endurance training and racing that you will appreciate.