Brad Kearns continues the discussion from last week with more recovery strategies, including:
- Refueling: Its a tricky balance between replenishing muscle glycogen and obtaining other nutrients when depleted, and becoming fat adapted/losing excess body fat by fasting in conjunction with intense workouts.
- R&R: A more chill approach to life and your daily routine can help you moderate the overall stress impact and increase enjoyment too.
- Self-myofascial release: Get into those trigger points (origination of pain/stiffness) and work it hard. The ‘good hurt’ stimulates parasympathetic function, helping you unwind from a high stress day.
- Releasing your attachment to the outcome: Go with the flow, get overyourself - reduce stress of training/competing and increase enjoyment
- HRV: Use this technology to try and gain control over your fight or flight response.